Top Tips for choosing your Exclusive Use Venue
So, you’ve got engaged, celebrated the news with your friends and family and now your thoughts are turning towards choosing your wedding venue. But where do you begin?
The most important thing you must decide on before you book an appointment to go and look at any of the wedding venues out there is whether you want a venue which will be available to you on an exclusive use basis on your big day or whether you don’t mind sharing the venue with other couples and guests.
Most couples would agree that an exclusive use wedding venue is best – but you must be prepared to pay more than you would at a shared use venue.
Shared use venues will normally have a private room or area where you can celebrate in relative privacy but your guests will come into contact with other wedding parties or hotel guests throughout the day.
The biggest deciding factor here is going to be cost – with shared use venues often making a private room free of a venue hire charge for wedding couples on the basis of selling you a food and drink package.
If your budget will stretch to it an exclusive use wedding venue is definitely one to aim for.
What does Exclusive Use mean?
It means that the venue will be exclusively yours for your wedding day with exclusive use normally stretching to a full 24 hours. You won’t bump into another wedding party on the day and the venue will be exclusively open only to you and your guests.
Some exclusive use venues will hire you the venue on a bare hire basis only – which means that you will have to provide all the wedding day supplies including food, drink, tables, chairs, crockery, cutlery and flowers. Other exclusive use venues such as Brympton House a magical, exclusive use wedding venue in Somerset operate a ‘must have’ or preferred supplier list – so they will have preselected the best of the best in terms of supplies for you.
What are the benefits of Exclusive Use Wedding Venue Hire?
- You can often stay the night before or get ready at the venue on the morning of the wedding at most exclusive use venues
• Exclusive use venues which operate a ‘must have’ or preferred suppliers list will often allow these suppliers access to the venue before your contracted time – so when you arrive all of your flowers and decorations will be set up and ready to go!
• You will know exactly what your wedding day is going to cost at the very beginning of your wedding day journey as most exclusive use venues will know how much the suppliers they use are likely to charge you – so they can give you a very firm idea of the costs involved
• You can enjoy your day without the worry of bumping into a stranger!
• The bonus of having accommodation onsite means that your guests won’t have very far to travel at the end of a very exciting day!